5 'SEO' Reasons to Create Killer Content
Whether you're creating content for your website, for blog articles or for online press releases, there should always be one common characteristic: quality. Quality content is not only a representation of your company and culture, it also has the ability to affect your search rankings. Here's why:
1. Sharability - Creating valuable content increases the likelihood that readers will want to share it with friends and on their social profiles. Not only can sharing increase the exposure for your content dramatically, but social shares, such as +1's, likes and tweets are also signals that can help your content rank higher in the search results.
2. Acquire more high quality links - Quality has an eye for quality. If your content is truly good, useful and relevant, authoritative sites and individuals will be more likely to link to it.
3. Larger presence - Adding more content to your site increases the size of your website overall, which can make your website appear more authoritative to the search engines. The more content you have, the more chances you have for your webpages to come up in the search results. Also, by continuously adding content, you increase the crawl frequency of your website.
4. Keyword opportunities - Creating quality content based around thorough keyword research can provide opportunities for your content to rank better for specific keyword phrases. By researching what terms searchers are using when searching for your products, services or blog topics, you can more effectively optimize your content to rank for the most valuable terms.
5. Disaster management - By creating quality content, it's not always about what you get out of it, but what you avoid. Sparse, thin content, or content that has overly optimized links can actually get you in trouble with the search engines. Sticking to quality content that will provide value for your readers is the best way to go to avoid search penalties.
Taking the time to create quality content can be rewarding on many levels. It can help to increase your readership, your brand authority and even your search rankings. Don't skimp on quality because it can really pay off for your brand. If you would like a free assessment of your website content, please contact us.
Submitted by Erica Machin, Titan SEO